Update added by user Jan 10, 2013
The company pointed out tsome factual corrections.First hat the oil pump replacement was slightly less than $700.
Second, they also wished to point out that the vehicle was brought in for a timing belt failure - a rare event; that was followed a week later by the oil pump failure - an equally rare event; followed a week later by loss of oil pressure as the bearings failed. Note that this is a multi-event cascade which any competent mechanic should have been alerted to when the timing belt went early (in the life cycle) followed by the oil pump.
At a miminum the recommendation should have been made to drop the oil pan and examine the bearings - not let the customer fly down the interstate with an engine that could blow at any time.Nor should the customer be returned a vehicle with the steering wheel 45 degrees out of alignment.
Original review posted by user Dec 19, 2012
Omni Performance, in Newport News, Virginia.Brought my vehicle for a low oil pressure light.
They claimed it was a worm bearings/crankshaft issue. It would cost 2700 to replace. They had previously diagnosed the problem as a defective oil pump which they replaced for $900 - it wasn't. Tried to sell me a new engine after already making $2K in repairs but I didn't buy it.
Their previous repairs lasted about 50 miles. This time I got 50 feet before the vehicle began pulling violently to the right. According to their ace mechanic when they replace the crankshaft it throws the vehicle out of alignment but he didn't notice it during the test drive - you'd have to be blind and higher than a kite not to see the wheel is at a 45 degree tilt when driving straight. According to the ace mechanic for an extra $200 they be happy to align the vehicle.
You can spend months here trying to get a simple problem fixed and they won't make the repair but will drain your wallet along with the oil pan.This is the type of shop you recommend to your mother-in-law or that neighbor whose dog uses your lawn.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Auto Repair
- Review category
- Review rating
- 3 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "These guys are horrible! They damaged both of my vehicles (2011 Toyota Sienna and 2001 Hyundai Sonata) transporting them from North Carolina to Oregon resulting in over $1400 in damage...."
- "I have a 2006 Chevy HHR LS and the interior door handle broke off yesterday. To replace this I was informed that you have to spend $300+ to buy the..."
- "I went in on a routine oil change on August 3,2015 for my 2012 malibu .Days later I started smelling oil/gas through my vents while driving.several weeks went by the..."
- "I am on my 2nd TS800 due the crankcase cracking behind the coil mounts. Both saws have cracked in the identical place. This appears to be a weak spot..."
- "Anthony or Toni Gill is not employed by TMobile. He falsified references and documents in order to gain access to one of our rental properties. He is scamming the..."
- "Took my Morkie to be groomed they shaved him down to the pink skin and left his tail and face untouched. He was still dirty! Needless to say they..."
- "I am taking my time and effort to write this review hoping that one less person could be saved from a unnecessary financial disaster. There is no free lunch. The..."
- "I ordered hundreds of dollars of latex flowers to use as centerpieces for my wedding. The order was placed at the end of June. When I started to receive the..."
- "FFIUL AGENT GUIDE SUMMARY OF CHARGES It's me Liquid, I post this not to damage them or to applaud them but just to have an official guide out there. I..."