Omni Performance - Useless auto repairs
Update added by user Jan 10, 2013
The company pointed out tsome factual corrections.First hat the oil pump replacement was slightly less than $700.
Second, they also wished to point out that the vehicle was brought in for a timing belt failure - a rare event; that was followed a week later by the oil pump failure - an equally rare event; followed a week later by loss of oil pressure as the bearings failed. Note that this is a multi-event cascade which any competent mechanic should have been alerted to when the timing belt went early (in the life cycle) followed by the oil pump.
At a miminum the recommendation should have been made to drop the oil pan and examine the bearings - not let the customer fly down the interstate with an engine that could blow at any time.Nor should the customer be returned a vehicle with the steering wheel 45 degrees out of alignment.
Original review posted by user Dec 19, 2012
Omni Performance, in Newport News, Virginia.Brought my vehicle for a low oil pressure light.
They claimed it was a worm bearings/crankshaft issue. It would cost 2700 to replace. They had previously diagnosed the problem as a defective oil pump which they replaced for $900 - it wasn't. Tried to sell me a new engine after already making $2K in repairs but I didn't buy it.
Their previous repairs lasted about 50 miles. This time I got 50 feet before the vehicle began pulling violently to the right. According to their ace mechanic when they replace the crankshaft it throws the vehicle out of alignment but he didn't notice it during the test drive - you'd have to be blind and higher than a kite not to see the wheel is at a 45 degree tilt when driving straight. According to the ace mechanic for an extra $200 they be happy to align the vehicle.
You can spend months here trying to get a simple problem fixed and they won't make the repair but will drain your wallet along with the oil pan.This is the type of shop you recommend to your mother-in-law or that neighbor whose dog uses your lawn.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "Paint problems, 2 years in the sun and paint faded on top of nose of camper. I had campers with dark noses for 8 plus years and never had paint..."
- "I own a 2006 Ford Mustang GT. I wanted one of these Mustangs ever since the new retro style was introduced in 2005. Oct. 2013, I found my 2006 Mustang..."
- "HEARING RE: DEMURRER TO 1ST AMENDED CROSS COMPLAINT OF DEALER SERVICES CORPORATION BY MICHAEL GRISSOM 11/05/2009 - 8:30 AM DEPT. 07 HONORABLE GARY B. TRANBARGER, PRESIDING CLERK:..."
- "Yesterday was my 20 year wedding anniversary. My husband ordered a beautiful arrangement for me. 7 hours later, after cancelling a dinner reservation, the guy shows up with the ugliest,..."
- "Bought matching couch, love seat and recliner. Over $10,000. On the love seat the fabric is twisting coming forward mis-shaping and sagging of the whole back. A..."
- "I am on my 2nd TS800 due the crankcase cracking behind the coil mounts. Both saws have cracked in the identical place. This appears to be a weak spot..."
- "The first acquaintance with an online store Everbuying.net gave me my new smartphone. I ordered HomTom НТ7, when it went on sale. With the first order I'm happy to continue..."
- "My order went through (debit card approved), got verification e-mail then another e-mail asking for visual proof that I am who I claim to be. I suspect a hidden agenda. Gearbest..."
- "I went to this store to purchase a shower gift only to find the item pictured below. I was then told by Jeff Gieb at the Edgewood Town Center..."