Omni Performance - Useless auto repairs
Update added by user Jan 10, 2013
The company pointed out tsome factual corrections.First hat the oil pump replacement was slightly less than $700.
Second, they also wished to point out that the vehicle was brought in for a timing belt failure - a rare event; that was followed a week later by the oil pump failure - an equally rare event; followed a week later by loss of oil pressure as the bearings failed. Note that this is a multi-event cascade which any competent mechanic should have been alerted to when the timing belt went early (in the life cycle) followed by the oil pump.
At a miminum the recommendation should have been made to drop the oil pan and examine the bearings - not let the customer fly down the interstate with an engine that could blow at any time.Nor should the customer be returned a vehicle with the steering wheel 45 degrees out of alignment.
Original review posted by user Dec 19, 2012
Omni Performance, in Newport News, Virginia.Brought my vehicle for a low oil pressure light.
They claimed it was a worm bearings/crankshaft issue. It would cost 2700 to replace. They had previously diagnosed the problem as a defective oil pump which they replaced for $900 - it wasn't. Tried to sell me a new engine after already making $2K in repairs but I didn't buy it.
Their previous repairs lasted about 50 miles. This time I got 50 feet before the vehicle began pulling violently to the right. According to their ace mechanic when they replace the crankshaft it throws the vehicle out of alignment but he didn't notice it during the test drive - you'd have to be blind and higher than a kite not to see the wheel is at a 45 degree tilt when driving straight. According to the ace mechanic for an extra $200 they be happy to align the vehicle.
You can spend months here trying to get a simple problem fixed and they won't make the repair but will drain your wallet along with the oil pan.This is the type of shop you recommend to your mother-in-law or that neighbor whose dog uses your lawn.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "We have had numerous problems with our 2012 XLR Thunderbolt...Dealing with Diane Daly at Forest River was not a good experience... She never answered e-mails or phone calls promptly. ..."
- "Now Montana has join California Auto Dealers... Call 818 749 - 3288Missouri Court of Appeals â€“ Judge Joseph M. Ellis cites UNPUBLISHED DECISIONJudge Joseph M. Ellis and the Missouri Court..."
- "We bought a 2013 Forest River Cherokee pull behind trailer and took one trip in it and when we were on our way back home we stopped and noticed our..."
- "Anthony or Toni Gill is not employed by TMobile. He falsified references and documents in order to gain access to one of our rental properties. He is scamming the..."
- "Washed my car today. Got the exterior wash and came home to get out of the car to see bird *** still on my roof of the car. That was..."
- "my mattress isn't even a yr old !! between 2 to 3 months of buying this mattress it becomes a big puff of air in the middle an sinkholes..."
- "I bought a new 2015 Passport, sofa had a tear and was promised it would get fixed or replaced in 30 days, three weeks went by and no one followed..."
- "I have been a loyal customer of Amazon since 2002. In the beginning they were a customer oriented company. Since 2006 I have noticed that this is changing,..."
- "Terrible! I ordered items from Fanatics.com, which were shipped on 11/14. I was provided tracking information, which indicated that my package should arrive est 11/22. On the morning of 11/20,..."