Omni Performance - Useless auto repairs
Update added by user Jan 10, 2013
The company pointed out tsome factual corrections.First hat the oil pump replacement was slightly less than $700.
Second, they also wished to point out that the vehicle was brought in for a timing belt failure - a rare event; that was followed a week later by the oil pump failure - an equally rare event; followed a week later by loss of oil pressure as the bearings failed. Note that this is a multi-event cascade which any competent mechanic should have been alerted to when the timing belt went early (in the life cycle) followed by the oil pump.
At a miminum the recommendation should have been made to drop the oil pan and examine the bearings - not let the customer fly down the interstate with an engine that could blow at any time.Nor should the customer be returned a vehicle with the steering wheel 45 degrees out of alignment.
Original review posted by user Dec 19, 2012
Omni Performance, in Newport News, Virginia.Brought my vehicle for a low oil pressure light.
They claimed it was a worm bearings/crankshaft issue. It would cost 2700 to replace. They had previously diagnosed the problem as a defective oil pump which they replaced for $900 - it wasn't. Tried to sell me a new engine after already making $2K in repairs but I didn't buy it.
Their previous repairs lasted about 50 miles. This time I got 50 feet before the vehicle began pulling violently to the right. According to their ace mechanic when they replace the crankshaft it throws the vehicle out of alignment but he didn't notice it during the test drive - you'd have to be blind and higher than a kite not to see the wheel is at a 45 degree tilt when driving straight. According to the ace mechanic for an extra $200 they be happy to align the vehicle.
You can spend months here trying to get a simple problem fixed and they won't make the repair but will drain your wallet along with the oil pan.This is the type of shop you recommend to your mother-in-law or that neighbor whose dog uses your lawn.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "Still a continued misbehavior! Mr wells is an alcoholic and commits adultery. His wife and the Corporate Management of Dicks Sporting Goods seem to be OK with this unethical,immoral and..."
- "My 2010 SS broke a valve spring while driving about 20MPH in a parking lot. This caused the valve to drop and the piston imploded, causing the rod to come..."
- "Mjk automotive of Colorado, (Denver Metro area), Are deceptive and very unethical dealers. I am a auto dealer myself and purchased a vehicle online from them, after speaking to..."
- "One year ago I used Behr Deck paint to finish off my deck, and this is what it looks one year later. Very disappointing. ..."
- "On 2 January 2009 I purchased a sofa at the Dump in Hampton Virginia. The dump is a subsidiary of Haynes Furniture. Within months of the purchase, the three bottom..."
- "This is one of the most awful experiences I've had with anything. I hate buying stuff from Walmart, there is always something wrong with it. How do you pack..."
- "All we wanted were three matching bar stools, but the third was cut wrong (one of two supports for chair cut three inches short). We had to drive 25 miles..."
- "Support ticket #98446 I have been a member of instagc for about 1 year and it has been a great experience until this week.Whenever i had an issue I would contact..."
- "I live in Reno; and I was driving on highway 80 in Wyoming when the tread of the tire flew off-- the tire didn't blow-- just the tread flew off...."