Omni Performance - Useless auto repairs
Update added by user Jan 10, 2013
The company pointed out tsome factual corrections.First hat the oil pump replacement was slightly less than $700.
Second, they also wished to point out that the vehicle was brought in for a timing belt failure - a rare event; that was followed a week later by the oil pump failure - an equally rare event; followed a week later by loss of oil pressure as the bearings failed. Note that this is a multi-event cascade which any competent mechanic should have been alerted to when the timing belt went early (in the life cycle) followed by the oil pump.
At a miminum the recommendation should have been made to drop the oil pan and examine the bearings - not let the customer fly down the interstate with an engine that could blow at any time.Nor should the customer be returned a vehicle with the steering wheel 45 degrees out of alignment.
Original review posted by user Dec 19, 2012
Omni Performance, in Newport News, Virginia.Brought my vehicle for a low oil pressure light.
They claimed it was a worm bearings/crankshaft issue. It would cost 2700 to replace. They had previously diagnosed the problem as a defective oil pump which they replaced for $900 - it wasn't. Tried to sell me a new engine after already making $2K in repairs but I didn't buy it.
Their previous repairs lasted about 50 miles. This time I got 50 feet before the vehicle began pulling violently to the right. According to their ace mechanic when they replace the crankshaft it throws the vehicle out of alignment but he didn't notice it during the test drive - you'd have to be blind and higher than a kite not to see the wheel is at a 45 degree tilt when driving straight. According to the ace mechanic for an extra $200 they be happy to align the vehicle.
You can spend months here trying to get a simple problem fixed and they won't make the repair but will drain your wallet along with the oil pan.This is the type of shop you recommend to your mother-in-law or that neighbor whose dog uses your lawn.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "I went in on a routine oil change on August 3,2015 for my 2012 malibu .Days later I started smelling oil/gas through my vents while driving.several weeks went by the..."
- "My son was in an accident and totaled his 1999 VW GTI V-R6-the Nationwide adjuster used this website to give estimate value of vehicle. Said it was only worth $2635.00...."
- "Original car, perfect condition - almost new. Never see snow or rain. Very little damage to front bumper, but impact damage reverse gear in automatic trans. The evaluation -..."
- "On 2 January 2009 I purchased a sofa at the Dump in Hampton Virginia. The dump is a subsidiary of Haynes Furniture. Within months of the purchase, the three bottom..."
- "Yesterday was my 20 year wedding anniversary. My husband ordered a beautiful arrangement for me. 7 hours later, after cancelling a dinner reservation, the guy shows up with the ugliest,..."
- "Bought matching couch, love seat and recliner. Over $10,000. On the love seat the fabric is twisting coming forward mis-shaping and sagging of the whole back. A..."
- "I went to Panda Express in Tucson AZ, and waited in the drive thru for over 20min. I backed out and proceeded to enter the front door. Once inside the..."
- "After having our dinner which took longer than I expected, I recommended a dinner presentation to my sister. The next morning I called to see if everything was good...."
- "I buy from gearbest,more times....its best site for electronics,tablets,phone,quadcopters and more! Support its very good!Shipping is free and quickly! Warehouse its very ok,for the customers from europe! And the price its very cheap!..."