Omni Performance - Useless auto repairs
The company pointed out tsome factual corrections.First hat the oil pump replacement was slightly less than $700.
Second, they also wished to point out that the vehicle was brought in for a timing belt failure - a rare event; that was followed a week later by the oil pump failure - an equally rare event; followed a week later by loss of oil pressure as the bearings failed. Note that this is a multi-event cascade which any competent mechanic should have been alerted to when the timing belt went early (in the life cycle) followed by the oil pump.
At a miminum the recommendation should have been made to drop the oil pan and examine the bearings - not let the customer fly down the interstate with an engine that could blow at any time.Nor should the customer be returned a vehicle with the steering wheel 45 degrees out of alignment.
Omni Performance, in Newport News, Virginia.Brought my vehicle for a low oil pressure light.
They claimed it was a worm bearings/crankshaft issue. It would cost 2700 to replace. They had previously diagnosed the problem as a defective oil pump which they replaced for $900 - it wasn't. Tried to sell me a new engine after already making $2K in repairs but I didn't buy it.
Their previous repairs lasted about 50 miles. This time I got 50 feet before the vehicle began pulling violently to the right. According to their ace mechanic when they replace the crankshaft it throws the vehicle out of alignment but he didn't notice it during the test drive - you'd have to be blind and higher than a kite not to see the wheel is at a 45 degree tilt when driving straight. According to the ace mechanic for an extra $200 they be happy to align the vehicle.
You can spend months here trying to get a simple problem fixed and they won't make the repair but will drain your wallet along with the oil pan.This is the type of shop you recommend to your mother-in-law or that neighbor whose dog uses your lawn.review #368904
You may also like
- "I purchased a 2007 SeaDoo GTi Se on a double trailer, from U S Auto Auction, (a.k.a. American Auto Marine LLC, usautomarine.com, Auckland Property Investment Trust, Carrera Marine, Prestige Euro..."
- "OMG..,!!! Richie Bello and Vincent Naso owns Dealers Solutions, Brandon Harrison and HuntingtonHondaCars.com .., With more number of companies..,they scammed lot of businesses. Initially Brandon K Harrison and..."
- "We bought a 2013 Forest River Cherokee pull behind trailer and took one trip in it and when we were on our way back home we stopped and noticed our..."
- "Bought matching couch, love seat and recliner. Over $10,000. On the love seat the fabric is twisting coming forward mis-shaping and sagging of the whole back. A..."
- "On 2 January 2009 I purchased a sofa at the Dump in Hampton Virginia. The dump is a subsidiary of Haynes Furniture. Within months of the purchase, the three bottom..."
- "Took my Morkie to be groomed they shaved him down to the pink skin and left his tail and face untouched. He was still dirty! Needless to say they..."
- "What $99 Special? Quote tool tells me it's under their $100 minimum. What a joke! A call to their 800 number was useless - calltaker had no knowledge of..."
- "On May 20th, I register the trip online from LA to SFO on May25th , but finally they mention the trip is not able to confirm, and I was not..."
- "Went for a regular facial at Ulta Salon, 7265 Arroyo Crossing Parkway.This was a facial from ***.It was a experience that I will never forget.The lady that did..."