Omni Performance - Useless auto repairs
The company pointed out tsome factual corrections.First hat the oil pump replacement was slightly less than $700.
Second, they also wished to point out that the vehicle was brought in for a timing belt failure - a rare event; that was followed a week later by the oil pump failure - an equally rare event; followed a week later by loss of oil pressure as the bearings failed. Note that this is a multi-event cascade which any competent mechanic should have been alerted to when the timing belt went early (in the life cycle) followed by the oil pump.
At a miminum the recommendation should have been made to drop the oil pan and examine the bearings - not let the customer fly down the interstate with an engine that could blow at any time.Nor should the customer be returned a vehicle with the steering wheel 45 degrees out of alignment.
Omni Performance, in Newport News, Virginia.Brought my vehicle for a low oil pressure light.
They claimed it was a worm bearings/crankshaft issue. It would cost 2700 to replace. They had previously diagnosed the problem as a defective oil pump which they replaced for $900 - it wasn't. Tried to sell me a new engine after already making $2K in repairs but I didn't buy it.
Their previous repairs lasted about 50 miles. This time I got 50 feet before the vehicle began pulling violently to the right. According to their ace mechanic when they replace the crankshaft it throws the vehicle out of alignment but he didn't notice it during the test drive - you'd have to be blind and higher than a kite not to see the wheel is at a 45 degree tilt when driving straight. According to the ace mechanic for an extra $200 they be happy to align the vehicle.
You can spend months here trying to get a simple problem fixed and they won't make the repair but will drain your wallet along with the oil pan.This is the type of shop you recommend to your mother-in-law or that neighbor whose dog uses your lawn.d62aee1 review #368904
You may also like
- "We bought a 2013 Forest River Cherokee pull behind trailer and took one trip in it and when we were on our way back home we stopped and noticed our..."
- "I contacted Awbreys Powder Coating concerning some bike parts i needed powder coated, communication was swift and on point, the gentleman seemed very confident he could deliver the services i..."
- "HEARING RE: DEMURRER TO 1ST AMENDED CROSS COMPLAINT OF DEALER SERVICES CORPORATION BY MICHAEL GRISSOM 11/05/2009 - 8:30 AM DEPT. 07 HONORABLE GARY B. TRANBARGER, PRESIDING CLERK:..."
- "Emperor Limousine... Where to begin. Being a former employee, I was put to the ultimate test. My patience was stretched thin, as well as my morals. ..."
- "I paid $1,248 for two leather chairs at Port Charlotte, FL. The so-called leather started to crack a delaminate. The synthetic veneer about one mill thick and on a..."
- "Lindsay from Santa Barbara, CA. Loyal customer since 2009 event after thousands dollars spent with minimal satisfaction as hair removal machines were out dated & didn't seem to be effective...."
- "Dr. Jennifer Martinick & the current ISHRS Leadership are a DISGRACE!!!!This is a NON-COMMERCIAL POSTING/WEBSITE. Any statements below are my opinion only.For reasons described below, Dr Jennifer Martinick, President of..."
- "Much like the other reviews here, they put me through the ringer. Forms, tax returns, bank statements, W-2's, etc. One step at a time. So first fill out forms. 3..."
- "On June 5, 2012, Joseph Hoskins from United Transport provided me with a Binding Moving Estimate of $3904.80 for a Full Service Relocation. On June 6, I completed a..."