Omni Performance - Useless auto repairs
The company pointed out tsome factual corrections.First hat the oil pump replacement was slightly less than $700.
Second, they also wished to point out that the vehicle was brought in for a timing belt failure - a rare event; that was followed a week later by the oil pump failure - an equally rare event; followed a week later by loss of oil pressure as the bearings failed. Note that this is a multi-event cascade which any competent mechanic should have been alerted to when the timing belt went early (in the life cycle) followed by the oil pump.
At a miminum the recommendation should have been made to drop the oil pan and examine the bearings - not let the customer fly down the interstate with an engine that could blow at any time.Nor should the customer be returned a vehicle with the steering wheel 45 degrees out of alignment.
Omni Performance, in Newport News, Virginia.Brought my vehicle for a low oil pressure light.
They claimed it was a worm bearings/crankshaft issue. It would cost 2700 to replace. They had previously diagnosed the problem as a defective oil pump which they replaced for $900 - it wasn't. Tried to sell me a new engine after already making $2K in repairs but I didn't buy it.
Their previous repairs lasted about 50 miles. This time I got 50 feet before the vehicle began pulling violently to the right. According to their ace mechanic when they replace the crankshaft it throws the vehicle out of alignment but he didn't notice it during the test drive - you'd have to be blind and higher than a kite not to see the wheel is at a 45 degree tilt when driving straight. According to the ace mechanic for an extra $200 they be happy to align the vehicle.
You can spend months here trying to get a simple problem fixed and they won't make the repair but will drain your wallet along with the oil pan.This is the type of shop you recommend to your mother-in-law or that neighbor whose dog uses your lawn.1183e1f9 review #368904
You may also like
- "We purchased an enclosed cargo trailer manufactured by forest river, inc. We have towed this trailer about 3,000 miles and took delvery in November 2010. The roof is separating..."
- "I contacted Awbreys Powder Coating concerning some bike parts i needed powder coated, communication was swift and on point, the gentleman seemed very confident he could deliver the services i..."
- "WARNING: Demolition Derby! $1,600 dollars damage after two weeks in their "care". Hit/scraped/dented on three corners and the nose. Then they jerked me around for 45 days:Russell (Lot..."
- "Mid February decided to purchase laminate flooring material through Lowe's. Called flooring dept at my local Lowe's and arranged to have room measured. Took 2 weeks - end of Feb..."
- "READ ALL THIS AFTER MY 2015 RENTAL...WOW...SOMEONE DOESN'T LIKE THIS WOMEN what amazes me if you look up the house their is a kitchen and the place is beautiful, the..."
- "There's a store in my little town in Florida, and they are doing you a big misrepresentation by selling your ice cream high, and freezing it rock solid and selling..."
- "On Friday, May 10, 2013, I was driving in Suffolk, VA with one passenger in my vehicle. All of a sudden, my tire pressure sensor came on and my vehicle..."
- "Took my newly purchased 09 Mercedes Benz Gl 550 for some issues they were to address and my car was BEAT up! Dropped it off and when I picked it..."
- "Dr. Jennifer Martinick & the current ISHRS Leadership are a DISGRACE!!!!This is a NON-COMMERCIAL POSTING/WEBSITE. Any statements below are my opinion only.For reasons described below, Dr Jennifer Martinick, President of..."